With all the information out there, finding a recipe that is both complete and balanced, and one that is formulated to meet your dog’s unique nutritional needs can be overwhelming. And despite what some might say – providing our dogs with all the essential protein, fat, vitamins and minerals that they need is important for their overall health. Many diseases and conditions can either be supported or hindered by your dog’s diet alone. So let’s aim to assist our dogs to live long, healthy and happy lives.
To do this I have several different options: pre-made homemade recipes, home-cooked dog food recipe analysis, fully custom dog recipe consultation service. And of course, if you are not looking to cook, but would instead like a recommendation for a manufactured diet option – I can answer any questions and direct you to an appropriate diet for your dog in my phone consultation service.
There is NO best food for ALL dogs. But there is the best food for YOUR dog.Nikki Giovanelli, RVT
Homemade Lightly Cooked Dog Food Recipes
All recipes below use minimal supplementation and were created using the BalanceIT software to be complete and balanced for adult dogs. All ingredients and supplements are listed within the product description. Each recipe comes with a printout that includes a small and large recipe batch, the full AAFCO nutrient profile, cooking instructions, and feeding recommendations.
Phone Consultation – get your questions answered.
Are you struggling to choose the appropriate diet for your dog? Not sure which food fit’s your dog’s life-stage, activity level, or breed?
Trying to navigate options for a medical condition like obesity, allergies, kidney disease, cancer, or liver disease?
Or do you just want feedback on a supplement routine or clarification on something you heard online? Well, this service is for you!
- Nutritional assessment including: life-stage, activity level, breed, and medical history.
- 30-minute conversation about diet options, answer questions, go over supplement options, etc.
- An additional 30 minutes can be purchased if needed for complicated or in-depth cases.
You will receive an email with a nutritional questionnaire for you to fill out within 24 hours of purchase.
Custom Home-Cooked Dog Food Consult
Are you looking to jump into cooking for your dog and do not know where to begin? Or have you been feeding a homemade recipe for a long period of time that your dog does well on, but you’re not sure if it’s balanced? Then this is for you!
We will do a full nutritional assessment on your dog, review their current diet, and then create/ suggest changes in order to make sure the diet meets all your dog’s nutritional needs.
Custom diet creation is for adult dogs only, under 100 lbs. All diet recommendations should be over-viewed with your veterinarian prior to transitioning.
- Nutritional assessment including: diet history, life-stage, lifestyle, breed, and medical history.
- Custom recipe for your dog using BalanceIT – a supplement designed by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist.
- A full breakdown of recipe ingredients, composition, feeding instructions, tips on transitioning, meal prep instructions and a shopping list.
- Email support, or a 30-minute call to go over the recipe, transitioning, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Additional reformulations are $10 each.
Please fill out the contact form with your name, email and dog’s name & age. You will receive an email with a nutritional questionnaire for you to fill out within 24 hours of submitting the form.
Not Sure Which Service is Right for You?
Contact me, and send me an email so we can discuss your options!