There are so many different pet food options currently available on the market. It’s important to realize that many dog food companies are SELLING YOU dog food, not your dog! I am pretty sure if your dog was the product focus there would be a “sniff test” on the front of the bag rather than bright colors like red, which dogs really can’t see that well.
Even though AAFCO has established some rules and regulations around dog food labeling, unfortunately, many people either don’t know these rules OR are using third-party generalized “rating systems” to decide which food is appropriate for the pet. Also, most of the important information about the dog food isn’t even on the bag – things like formulation, manufacturing practices, recall history, and digestibility are not even on a pet food label! Let me help you sort through the overwhelming options to find the right fit for you dog and their individual needs.
There is NO best food for ALL dogs. But there is the best food for YOUR dog.Nikki Giovanelli, RVT
Manufactured Dog Food Diet Consultation
Diet consultations include a nutrition assessment of your dog, including: diet history, life-stage, lifestyle, breed, medical history, and budget.
- Nutritional assessments include: diet history, life-stage, lifestyle, breed, medical history and owner budget.
- You will receive a PDF with three diet recommendations that include: general composition, ingredients, who formulated the food, recall history, quality control procedures, testing and research done on diet, etc.
- For dogs with medical conditions, I will speak directly with your veterinarian in order to choose a diet best suited to your pet’s specific needs.
- I will provide information on transitioning to a new diet and follow-up testing with your veterinarian.
$30 Healthy Dog or Puppy
$50 Puppy or Dog with Medical Condition
Custom Homemade Dog Food Consult
Custom diet creation is for adult dogs only, under 100 lbs. All diet recommendations should be over-viewed with your veterinarian prior to transitioning.
$50 Custom Homemade Dog Food
- Nutritional assessment including: diet history, life-stage, lifestyle, breed, and medical history.
- Custom recipe for your dog using BalanceIT – a supplement designed by a board-certified veterinary nutritionist.
- A full breakdown of recipe ingredients, composition, feeding instructions, tips on transitioning, meal prep instructions and a shopping list.
- 30-minute call to go over the recipe, transitioning, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Additional reformulations are $10 each.